Adams to Boise: thoughtsDon Day | October 5, 2009
The flurry of news releases from Peak Broadcasting lately continues – with today’s news of the pickup of Lisa Adams.
- Adams has been looking for work for the last year – something she chronicled on her Twitter page: “Got to keep the faith…it will all workout soon!” and “It’s been a nice 365 day vacation but I’m ready to get back to work! I hate moving….”
- Her last gig was a two year stop at CBS Radio in Portland. She appears to be the Northwest’s “Movin’” expert – she oversaw KQMV/Movin’ 92.5 in Seattle before she landed at KVMX/Movin’ 107.5 in the Rose City.
- Adams’ gig seems to be a fusion of two announced positions. Peak posted a KAWO PD job – then a KXLT/KCIX program director spot. Does this leave Jason Wilmot in charge of KCIX? I’ve got some questions out on this looking for answers.
- What does Peak plan to do with Lite? The station has been jockless for a while now – and its ratings haven’t been lighting up the charts. I’m guessing nothing would change before the end of the Christmas music season… but is there change in the wind?
- Kevin Godwin at Peak has been very good about sending out news releases of late. This makes my journalist heart happy – but it’s smart. I can’t think of the last time I saw a news release from another group. KTVB picked up the Austin Hill/Glenn Beck story – and I happened to notice that it was at the top of KTVB.COM’s most read stories box that day (wink wink). People seem interested in radio stories. (In case I’m being too coy: Bob Rosenthal, Don Morin and Darrell Calton should send out more news releases… hint hint).