We’ve been following the potential move of a rash of Idahos stations for several years now – and the deal is done, and stations have been ordered by the FCC to starting movin’.
- KQFC/97.9 FM will move to 102.7 FM
- KSAS/103.3 Kiss FM will move up just one tick to 103.5 FM.
- KTPZ/Music Monster 94.3 will move yet again – this time to 97.7 (it used to be at 99.1 )
- KSKI/103.7 FM will slide down the FM slope to 94.5 FM
- KMVX/Mix 103 will move from 102.9 FM to 103.1 FM
- KSRA/92.7 FM moves to 92.9 and gets a signal upgrade to 100kw
- KEZQ/92.9 The Big EZ flips to 92.7 FM and will change from a West Yellowstone, MT station to an Iona, ID station, further pulling it into the Idaho Falls market
- Construction Permit KPHD changes its city of license from Elko, NV to a full class C in Melba. The new station will slot in at 97.7 FM
- A vacant channel allotted to McCall is reassigned to 103.1 but remains a class C3 so as to not interfere with KMVX at Jerome. No auction date has been set for this channel.
- KXML, a construction permit licensed to Salmon UPGRADES to 100kw at 99.9
Previously, three other stations were ordered to move – including KZDX, KAOX, and KQEO – details here.
All this fun was triggered by College Creek Media. College Creek will pay reasonable costs for all these moves, and the affected stations have until October to file for construction permits for the changes.
ALSO: Some of these stations are going to have a tough time on the web. 1035kissfm.com is Clear Channel’s Chicago station… KissFMBoise.com, KissFMIdaho.com, KissBoise.com and KissIdaho.com haven’t been registered… yet…