You do not have to repeat the mistakes of your parents. Even if their marriage did not work out, it does not mean that yours will not. It can! But you need to try! Check out these tips on how to make it work!
- At first, you need to realize that it is not that easy to be a different person from your father. Only if you realize that there are things that you have in common, you will be able to break these “bad habits” that run in your family. Consider the things that were wrong and try to figure out what you can do to make them better.
- Think about your kids. Because they will be the ones who will suffer if you do not become a better person.
- Try to find a wife who grew up in a complete family. You partner will be an inspiration, someone who will know how to make things work.
- Work on your relationship. You need to work on your relationship all the time! Otherwise, it will not last forever.
- If people around you have bad comments on marriage and relationships, you might need to give up on such friendships. They might be toxic.
- Find friends who are in a relationships that work. You need some inspiration.
- It is never a shame to look for a professional help, so do not be afraid to ask for it!
- Read. Read about how to become a good husband, parent, partner, etc. You will learn a lot, trust me!