When vagina itches it is a problem.
And you should pay attention to it. It is a trend nowadays not to deal with issues while they can be solved. People often tend to go to the doctor when the problem they have does not get better although they have tried many various home-made medicines. Well, this is a big issue. Of course, you shoudl not be goign to doctor with any simple problem you have, however, if it persists, then you should not hesitate to do so. Itching can be caused by various things. But before I start naming, let me explain to you something. Itching and vaginal dryness may occur together, however, they are not the same symptom. And while dryness can be solved easily, itching probably requires some further effort.
So, here is a list of possible problems you might be dealing with:
- Bacterial vaginosis – do not worry about this one, OTC cream can solve it pretty easily.
- Yeast infections – another common problem, the same cream should also help you with this. And if not, then probably visiting your doctor is a good thing to do.
- Contact dermatitis – perhaps you are allergic to certain products and you do not even know it.
- Eczema – if you are diagnosed with eczema, visit your doctor and ask for advice.
- STDs – protection! Do not forget about it.
- Lichen sclerosus – white spots on your skin? Visit your gynecologist.
- Hormones – well, perhaps you might want to consider stop taking birthcontrol pills. Or, if you do not think that this is causing the problem, then you might want to consider getting vaginal estrogen. Either in the form of the ring, cream or tablet. However, this is only in case the dryness is caused by low estrogen levels.
Anyway, there are lots of lubricants that can help you ease the symptom of vaginal dryness. They can either be water-based, oil-based or silicone-based. The silicone-based are said to last longer, so perhaps it is the best solution for you. But if you are to buy your first lubricant, choose more than just one. You need to find the best and you will hardly find it if you just get one. Another thing worth considering is picking the one which is sensitive. Your private parts deserve only the best, ain´t that right?
However, just remember, lubricants do not treat anything. They can only help you get rid of the vaginal dryness. But if the dryness is not the only symptom you are dealing with then you should definitely ask for professional help. Well, we hope that you manage to deal with your problem and we wish you good luck!