If your friend has just had a baby and they invited you to finally come to visit their new and happy family, you might want to have some information about what you should and should not do before your visit. Visiting a newborn baby is a very sensitive matter and therefore you need to be prepared.
So here are the things you need to do before you visit your friend:
- Get Tdap vaccine – do you remember when the last time you had it was? It might be that you do not have the newest version.
- Get flu shot. Although flu may not be so serious for you, it definitely is serious for a baby.
- Simply go to your doctor and ask him to review your vaccine record. You do not want to miss out on anything now that you are supposed to see a baby, right?
- Wash your hands. Properly! Do it right before you are about to hold a baby.
- If you are sick, stay at home. Do not go seeing your friend if you feel sick. We know that you are probably looking forward to seeing your friend´s baby, but if you are not feeling well, the best choice is to stay at home and reschedule your meeting for later.
And, please, do not kiss the baby. Just leave it to Mom. Enjoy our visit!